Saturday, October 6, 2007

proposal with a gun...

In other news regarding friendly men with guns: I received my first Guatemalan marriage proposal today from one of the security guards in my neighborhood. I think he had seen Travis and I walk by several times when Travis was here... but it had been a while since he'd seen Travis... So he stopped me and asked what happened to my "novio" (boyfriend) and how long I would be here. I informed him that my "prometido" (fiance) is in the States and that I would be living in various places throughout the country until my wedding in May. Well, that did not stop him from proposing that we get married until I return to the US! He persistently asked for my phone number and email... but I refused, and wished him the best of luck finding a Guatemalan girl friend. :)

1 comment:

Travis said...

Way to stay strong babe! :) I'm glad I didn't need a gun for you to accept my proposal! Tell him good luck with the mujeres down there from me.

Love you